Bacteriophage! The virus to help humanity.

Hello! And welcome to another blog on 30Kellan’s Random Blog! Today I will talk about a virus! But not just any virus, the bacteriophage! These things are very interesting! Notice how I said things? It’s because I have no idea if they are alive or not. Anyways, lets get into this blog!

The first thing we are going to talk about is what is this thing? The bacteriophage is a virus that eats bacteria. Hence the name bacteriophage! In a different language than english (I say that because I don’t remember the language I think it is Latin), bacterio means bacteria and phage means to eat! These bacteriophages are weird looking! Here is a interpretation or two of them. Also, these are the most deadly organizims.

Bacteriophage, computer artwork. A bacteriophage, or phage, is a virus that infects bacteria. It consists of an icosahedral (20-sided) head, which contains the genetic material, a tail and tail fibres, which fix it to a specific receptor site on the bacterium. The tail injects the genetic material into the bacterium, and the cellular machinery of the bacterium is used to produce more copies of the virus. Taken by https://ndla.no/subject:1:734bd33b-da6d-49b0-bb34-c6df5b956f8e/topic:1:b2763617-550a-4bbc-a66d-807ea4f3cceb/topic:1:23bd384b-00e6-4eae-8968-d1b696038bd7/resource:99a4d57e-0a1f-401b-b860-c906a301ced6

Taken by https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:T4likevirus_virion.jpg

Pretty cool am I right? Next I will talk about their significance. They are very interesting. Also think about this, earth is small compared to space, we are small compared to earth, bacteria are small compared to us, and the bacteriophage is small compared to bacteria! What is it like for bacteriophage to be compared to the multiverse. Anyways, back to the topic! Bacteriophages don’t hurt human cells! Despite being a virus. Huh… What? It eats bacteria and does not eat human cells? How? Why? When? Where? How? Wait… I said how twice. Anyways, humans recently discovered that bacteriophage is good virus and decided to put it inside a humans vessel! The man was very sick with an untreatable bacteria and it had adapted to the antibiotics. The man was sure to die. Only one thing was possible. And it was not guaranteed to work. Injection of bacteriophage! Spoiler alert, he lived. It’s funny to think that the small bacteria sees the even smaller bacteriophage and it thinks “What an annoying bug!” It thinks that until the bacteriophage puts its spike through the bacteria and kills it.

Well, that’s the end! Thank you for reading if you did read! Bye! ˚´¬¬å˜

One thought on “Bacteriophage! The virus to help humanity.